People management. That’s one of the most important skill you’ll ever learn. In managing people communication is critical. Successful leaders are able to meaningfully communicate with others. They are able to clearly inspire their followers with their vision.
Steve Jobs revolutionized the smart phone industry and inspired his employees to strive for perfection in hardware product design and creation.
Jack Welch mentored and inspired the senior leadership team of GE to a totally new height.
Jeff Bezos has revolutionized retail shopping globally. He has clearly communicated the customer first philosophy clearly to his employees and the world.
Think of all the leaders that inspired change; Ghandihi, Mandela etc, All of these leaders possess outstanding leadership skills especially in communication.
Here are 10 ways you can improve your communication skills in order to become a more effective leader:
1. Learn the basics of nonverbal communication.
2. You have to over-communicate just to communicate.
3. Engage the audience in discussion.
4. Record important presentations for posterity.
5. Master the art of timing.
6. Get comfortable speaking extemporaneously.
7. Get to know your audience.
8. Add novelty to improve audience retention.
9. Focus on earning respect instead of laughs.
10. Be a listener.
As a leader, as a father, mother etc communicating clearly is one of the most effective skills you need to cultivate.
Remember, communication is both verbal and non verbal.
Listen carefully to what others have to say. Communication is a two way thing. To be good at it, you must be good at listening.
Inspire your workers, your family, your group members, associates etc to greater heights. Improve your communication skills.