HENRY OKOBIEMEN Vs UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC (JALINGO BRANCH TARABA STATE)May 15, 2018
MR. G. OLAJIDE ASHCROFT Vs HERITAGE BANKING COMPANY LIMITED & ORSMay 17, 2018
We all know networking is key, as it is vital for career growth. Networking involves having authentic conversations with interesting people – even if you’re an introvert. Connecting with people – whether on a personal or professional level – is very useful for your career, but what do you say when you do have the opportunity to talk with other professionals? How do you make that a meaningful conversation?
I can talk for months on how you can get this done but today, I will zero in on getting anyone to trust you in less than 5 minutes.
According to Bob Burg, a networking expert, there are 10 tried-and-true questions that will keep your business conversation flowing.
Take a look and use as needed, but don’t forget networking is about the RELATIONSHIP you develop with the other person. Listen and connect.
1) How did you get started in the _______________ business?
2) What do you enjoy most about your profession?
3) What advice would you give to someone starting in the ___________ business?
4) What single thing would you do in your business if you could not fail?
5) What separates your company from the competition?
6) What significant changes have affected your profession over the years? Or how has the recent economic downturn changed your industry?
7) What coming trends do you see in your profession?
8) What’s the craziest (strange or funny) experience you’ve had while working in your industry?
9) What’s been your most effective method of promotion?
10) How would you describe the way you do business in one sentence?
Obviously you won’t use all of these, and you certainly don’t want to sound like a robot, but review this list regularly before attending your networking events to keep those conversations moving in an informative
The beauty of these questions is that, as human beings, we are wired to talk more about ourselves when we are given the chance. Hardly will you find someone that’s ready to just listen alone. That’s why these
questions are powerful.
Giving them a chance to talk subtly opens them up to trusting you. An ability to make others trust, respect and like you quickly is crucial to making your networking efforts worth your while.
This is a much easier way to build a business relationship.