COURT PROCESS AUTOMATION SYSTEM END TO END AND ITS BENEFITS TO THE JUDICIARY AND THE WHOLE LEGAL PROFESSIONOctober 21, 2020
Sustaining Benefits to the Host Communities in the Niger Delta with IBAsOctober 23, 2020
Court management information system and the Judiciary as an arm of government, in the 21st century requires automated systems that support robust relational databases, digital archiving, analytics, proceedings management and reporting techniques, which aims at gradually phasing out the traditional pen, paper, and hard copy filing processes/procedures.
This new order of automation will enable the Judiciary and its stakeholders provide and enjoy improved service delivery, respectively.
The Court Management Information System (CMIS) is an information management system that seeks to enable the State Judiciary and other relevant stakeholders find a one-stop-shop solution for all relevant administrative activities as it relates to the Judicial arm of the government in all LGAs of the State. It covers the following areas:
• Registration and verification of practicing lawyers
• Registration and verification of state prosecutors
• E-filing of cases, appeals and interlocutory applications
• Case management within the court
• Online reporting of court proceedings
• Online processing of applications, affidavits and administrative processes
• Ware-housing and archiving of case files
Features of The Court Management Information System (CMIS)
Here are some of the outstanding features of our Court Management Information System are as follows:
• Case (Suit) number assignment
• Case Assignment
• Case Management
• Video Conferencing
• Applications Management
• Probate Management
• Lis Pendens Management
• e-Notifications and Court service
• Capacity Development & Certifications
Benefits of The Court Management Information System (CMIS) To The Judiciary And The State
Some of the benefits that will accrue to the State on the adoption of a Management Information System are as follows:
• Central database of all court cases & processes
• Prompt justice delivery and transparency
• Convenient assessment and payment for applications and filings
• Accessibility, as lawyers, registry staff and Judges can work from anywhere.
• Organized client files
• Reporting and access to cumulative data
• Improved client satisfaction with more responsive and reliable service delivery
• Automated calendar process for effective management of deadlines
• Improved source of IGR to the Judiciary arm and the State at large through payments for filings, applications, lis pendens, and other related services
• Provision of world class judiciary services for citizens.
A working example [the first to be deployed in Nigeria, last year] is: https://rivcomis.riversstate.gov.ng/
For more information or enquiries, contact us: [email protected] or call +2348086748325.