The Nigerian Lawyer’s Guide To Starting Your Legal Radio Show. (Part II)August 12, 2020
COVID-19 AND THE NIGERIAN JUSTICE SYSTEM: CHALLENGES THE BENCH AND BAR SHOULD EXPECT AFTER THE PANDEMIC AND THE WAY FORWARDAugust 14, 2020
The management of our Courts and the Judiciary as an arm of government, in the 21st century requires automated systems that supports robust relational databases, digital archiving, analytics, proceedings management and reporting techniques, which aims at gradually phasing out the traditional pen, paper, and hard copy filing processes/procedures.
This new order of automation will enable the Judiciary and its stakeholders provide and enjoy improved service delivery, respectively.
The Court Management Information System (CMIS) is an information management system that seeks to enable the State Judiciary and other relevant stakeholders find a one-stop-shop for all relevant administrative activities as it relates to the Judiciary arm of the government in all LGAs of the State. It covers the following areas:
- Registration and verification of practicing lawyers.
- Registration and verification of state prosecutors
- E-filing of cases, appeals and interlocutory applications
- Case management within the court
- Online reporting of court proceedings
- Online processing of applications, affidavits and administrative processes
- Ware-housing and archiving of case files
Features Of Court Management Information System (CMIS)
Here are some of the outstanding features of our Court Management Information System are as follows:
- Case (Suit) number assignment
- Case Assignment
- Case Management
- Video Conferencing
- Applications Management
- Probate Management
- Lis Pendens Management
- e-Notifications and Court service
- Capacity Development & Certifications
Benefits Of Court Management Information System (CMIS) To The Judiciary And The State
Some of the benefits that will accrue to the State on the adoption of proposed Management Information System are as follows:
- Central database of all court cases & processes.
- Prompt justice delivery and transparency.
- Convenient assessment and payment for applications and filings
- Accessibility, as both lawyers, registry staff and Judges can work from anywhere.
- Organized client’s files
- Reporting and access to cumulative data
- Improved client satisfaction with more responsive and reliable service delivery
- Automated calendar process for effective management of deadlines
- Improved source of IGR to the Judiciary arm and the State at Large through payments for filings, applications, lis pendens, and other related services.
- Provision of world-class judiciary services for citizens.
This Court solution will help to automate court processes from filing of cases to their final disposal. A working example of the first to be deployed in Nigeria, last year is: https://rivcomis.riversstate.gov.ng/
For more information and how this can be deployed for courts in your jurisdiction, contact us: [email protected] or phone number +23408086758325.