End to end court process automation system has to do with the automation of court processes from the filing of cases to their final disposal.
An End to end court process automation system will enable legal practitioners file their cases from the comfort of their offices or homes, and enable a Chief Judge to assign cases electronically.
Such a system allows for easy and immediate tracking of the progress of each case assigned.
The electronic filing and registry processes will help to eliminate the bottlenecks that hamper speed, increase efficiency, accuracy and high productivity in the administration of justice delivery.
Below are the components and explanation of an end to end court process automation system:
The e-filing system will enable Legal Practitioners file cases electronically from the comfort of their offices or homes. This enables the following:
· the attachment of PDF copies of required documents
· e-self-assessment based on the schedule of fees as provided in the Rules of Court
· e-payment that facilitates payment of court fees into the designated official government account directly
The e-Registry enables registry staff to receive and review all cases filed through the electronic filing system after confirmation of payment.
Cases approved as properly filed are electronically presented to the Chief Judge for assignment. That is e-assignment.
Cases electronically assigned by the Chief Judge are transferred to the electronic docket of the designated courts or judges for adjudication.
Cases approved are also forwarded electronically for service.
Processing and approval in the e-Registry are forwarded electronically to the Deputy Sheriff’s office for service by the Bailiffs. Cases filed with the email addresses and phone numbers of the defendants are served electronically by sending emails to the defendants attaching the filed processes.
This shall be followed up by a phone call to the defendant by the Bailiff to notify the former of the electronic service.
The e-Court system enables Judges gain access to the electronic case files of cases assigned to their courts. Directions by the Court as to court sitting dates and time, including notice of adjournments are forwarded to litigants/counsel from time to time.
1. It gives remote access to case files and reduced case loads.
2. Send, retrieve and view cases filed within minutes rather than days.
3. Reduced and shortened case filing steps and processing time.
4. It alleviates cost and time wastage by allowing law firms to send electronic documents directly from office or home to the “electronic file room” of the court.
5. Decrease incorrect fee errors with automatic fee calculation.
6. Get direct payment of fees without handling cash or cheques.
7. Improvement in efficiency by minimizing paper flow.
8. It reduces the costs associated with procurement, printing, postage, storage, replacement, stock taking and distribution of printed forms.
9. Case files are processed much more faster than paper files
10. Highly convenient and available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
11. User friendly with step-by-step instructions.
12. More secure than paper filing
13. Increases staff efficiency and productivity by reducing redundant activities
If you need end to end court process automation solution, or you need help in automating your court processes from filing of cases to their final disposal, look no further, we are here for you. As the consultants and part of the implementation team in the deployment of the first-ever End to End Court Process Automation System in Nigeria deployed for Rivers State Judiciary in November, 2019 [Click here to check it out], you can count on our full support and experience.
Contact us via email: [email protected] or phone number +23408086758325.
We look forward to hearing from you.